Oct 20, 2009

Douchebaggery

Oct 20, 2009
On a lighter note, I thought I'd put up some more nonsense since I have this little alcove to myself. I was hanging out with a friend from New Zealand and I asked her if guys there like to do this:



She reported that she hadn't particularly noticed it. I asked because I have been seeing it all over SH: the popped collar. Now I'm accustomed to seeing this on the occasional youngster in the US as well as the occasional DB but I'll get into that in a bit. But here it seems anyone in a polo is prone to it, as evidenced by this fellow, who looked to me to be of fatherly age (although you can't tell from the photo above). I explained to my friend, "When I see this in the US I automatically think db," to which she replied, "What's a douchebag?" Obviously my Chinese must have improved because somehow I was able to explain it. I don't know how this look has been propogated here as "cool", perhaps just by virtue of being associated with the Western world.

Anyway, I don't know how much longer I'll have access to blogger. It seems other people using the same method as I haven't been able to get on in a while.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates