Oct 17, 2009

Sampler Platter

Oct 17, 2009
I'm resting at home again after coming down with yet another cold--I really do think it's the air quality here--ask anyone who's lived with me before how sensitive my nose is. Don't look at it!

Anyway, thought I'd throw up some random snapshots of the cityscape to show ya'll.



Ok so not technically cityscape, but here's a look inside one of the numerous malls in Shanghai. I enjoy my fair bit of shopping, but even I get tired just looking at places like these. This is only one wing of one mall.
Night shot of Metro City (the ball thingy), a mega-mall of electronics in the Xujiahui shopping area.

A street in the French Concession area, where the hospital I am at is located. I like this area a lot because of the European vibe and because of the TREES! Glorious glorious foliage.
A shot of some SH skyline on a relatively clear day--rare.

Nanjing Rd Day vs. Night. I'm not sure what the big deal is about this place, I suppose there's a lot of shopping on both sides, but I've never really felt the need to explore this area. I guess there are a number of historic buildings around this area, i.e. Shanghai's first department store and other old hotels that probably figured prominently into the social scene during the 1920's and 30's.


Underneath the Nanpu Bridge that takes you to Pudong. In the distance you can see some gaudily-lit attraction that I assume exists only to serve tourists, as this section of the road was pretty deserted except the large tourist buses dropping off the unsuspecting.

Requisite Oriental Pearl Tower picture: day and night versions.


Lots of buildings in the downtown area are beautifully lit up at night. It's actually a really pretty sight when you're on the freeway.

Bottom right corner is the SH Grand Theatre. Behind it is some building which I don't know the name of, but there's something Lord of the Rings/Star Trek about it--like there should be a sought-after jewel in the pincer-like vise at the tip.

Buildings around People's Square at dusk.

One section of the metro station at People's Square, which has 20 different exits. It is not for the faint of heart.

Since I am rarely up this early, I thought I'd document the occasion: sunrise in SH.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates